What network does Red Pocket use in the United States?
- Red Pocket is an American carrier and uses the AT&T network.
What is the coverage of Red Pocket, does the service work in Canada and Mexico?
- Red Pocket has coverage in all 50 states, including Alaska, Hawaii, and the territory of Puerto Rico.
- The service does not work in Canada and Mexico.
My phone does not support the United States LTE 4 (1700/2100 MHz) band frequency. Can I still use Red Pocket?
- Yes, but probably with a 3G connection. We recommend using this carrier for owners of Motorola phones manufactured in other countries, as many sub-models do not support the LTE band 4 (1700/2100 MHz) frequencies.
Will I be able to make local and international calls with Red Pocket?
- Yes of course! You will be able to talk to any landline or mobile phone from any U.S. carrier and also to landlines in many other countries.
Do the Red Pocket plans include unlimited internet?
- Yes, all plans offer unlimited internet, but with limited packages of high-speed data.
What happens if I consume the entire package of high-speed data?
- Once you consume the package of high-speed data the connection speed will be reduced from 4G/LTE speeds to 2G speeds (approximately 128 kbps).
Can I share my Red Pocket internet with another phone?
- Tethering and Hotspot services are supported on Android devices. These services are not compatible with iOS devices at this time on this network while using cellular data.
- Be aware that if you plan to share the connection with other devices, it's important to consider a plan with a larger package of high-speed data.
Is there any way to check my data package balance with Red Pocket carrier?
- Yes! You can send an SMS with the word BALANCE to 3888.
- We can also check this for you, just send a message requesting the status of your usage.
When installing the Red Pocket SIM, will I need to configure the phone?
- If your phone has current operating system updates and Data Roaming is enabled, you may not need to configure your phone.
Below are instructions on how to configure your phone, if necessary.
IMPORTANT: If you have an iPhone it is important to follow the instructions below.
- Go to ios.redpocket.com and a window will open with the following message "This site is trying to download a configuration profile. Do you want to allow this?"
- Click Allow and a window will open with the message "Downloaded Profile - Review the Settings app profile if you wish to install it."
- Then click Settings> General> Profile> Red Pocket Mobile and click Install in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Enter your iPhone unlock password.
- Click Install again at the top of the screen and Install again.
- Then click OK and restart the phone and see if the internet is working.
NOTE: It is important that you are connected to a Wi-Fi network to follow the steps above.
Before you begin, make sure your Wi-Fi is turned off and your phone is not in Airplane Mode.
- Click Settings> Networks> Mobile Networks> Access Points
Then click the Top menu under Add hotspots and fill in the following settings (upper and lower case):
- Name: Red Pocket
- APN: Reseller
- Proxy: [leave blank]
- Door: [leave blank]
- Username: [leave blank]
- Server: [leave blank]
- MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
- MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
- MMS port: 80
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 410
- Authentication Type: None
- APN type: default, mms, suppl
- APN protocol IPv4
- Bearer: Unspecified
Press menu and select Save
Be sure to select the Red Pocket profile you just created.